Start a conversation

Required Documents for CRB Checks

This page is designed to help those applying for Basic Disclosure, Standard DBS or Enhanced DBS Checks to understand exactly what documents are required in order to process their applications. Please ensure when submitting your application that you have included all the required documents, as failure to do so will mean that your application cannot be processed and will be held up until we have obtained sufficient documentation. Basic Disclosure – The documentation required for a Basic Disclosure application is, as follows: One Proof of ID – passport or driving licence or other trusted Government document. One document showing proof of address – utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement, driving licence (only if driving licence shows the applicant’s current address and has not also been used as ID document) Standard/Enhanced DBS – The documentation required for both Standard and Enhanced DBS applications is set out by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and is, as follows: One document from Table 1 (included below) Two other documents from any of the tables below, one of which must show proof of address Should the applicant not be able to provide a document from Table 1 then they must instead provide the following: One document from Table 2a Two other documents from Table 2a or 2b Table 1: Primary identity documents Current and Valid Passport Biometric residence permit Current driving licence – photo card with counterpart (Full or Provisional) Birth certificate – Issued at time of birth Copies of ID documents must be signed and verified by a member of HR or a line manager Table 2a: Trusted Government documents Current driving licence – old-style paper version Current photo driving licence Birth certificate – issued after time of birth Marriage/civil partnership certificate Adoption certificate HM Forces ID card Firearms licence Table 2b: Financial and social history documents Mortgage statement Bank or building society statement Credit card statement Financial statement, eg pension or endowment P45 or P60 statement Council Tax statement Work permit or visa Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider Utility bill Benefit statement, eg Child Benefit, Pension Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, eg from the Department from Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC EU National ID card Pow